Service Host High Disk usage mostly Facing all windows 10 user which have less than 2 GB Ram in their Computer. The main reason behind the Service host Superfetch high disk usage is Skype, Chrome and other high disk usage apps. If you want to know what is superfetch or trying to disable Service Host Superfetch then read the full article. Our teams had found the solution of this superfetch windows 10.
Superfetch Disk Usage Why does it Display High Disk Usage?
Microsoft Windows Superfetch is a Prefetch system introduced for Windows Vista. This system helps windows operating system to manage Ram usage. This system learns which apps, files, documents which you are most using on the system and then it will prefetch when your windows 10 systems boot. This process opens the file quicker than before but its use High Disk Usage.
This High Disk Usage that means your computer system has no more RAM to load your next new application. Because you used low RAM. If you USE Solid state drive SSD then your system then you did not face this error. we recommend you to use mix drive system in your system. Boot Windows 10 operating system in the SSD and use the hard disk as to store your Data & Files. That’s why Service host superfetch error generates.
Why to disable SuperFetch?
The High disk usage super fetch service sometimes fill up your RAM with the last frequently most used files and that time if you want to use other apps like chrome or Photoshop, Autocad or any other high RAM Consuming apps then you need to disable Superfetch Services.
That’s when Superfetch becomes a problem.
How do you disable Superfetch?
When you faced Service Host Superfetch using High disk usage in windows 10 then disable it . Disable this service can’t you create any major issue in your laptop. But you faced some lag when you open your most used apps. if you want to disable service host superfetch then follow below methods. you can use any method to disable the Superfetch system.
Disable SuperFetch in Windows Services
- Press the Windows Key + “R” or type “Run” in the Windows 10 search box and click the Run app entry in the Menu list.
- Type “Services.msc” into the box and then click the “OK” button.
- Now, Scroll down till the list of services until find “SuperFetch.” then Right click on it and select “Stop,” from the resulting list.
- To stop it from starting again when Windows next boots up have done then right-click again and select “Properties” on screen.
- In the drop-down list “Startup Type” select and “Disabled.” it.
Disable SuperFetch in the Windows registry
This method also working fine for disable superfetch system if you not comfortable with the Windows service method. Follow below how to disable it, this will also solve service host superfetch high disk Problem.
- Press Windows + R together and Run dialogue box or click the Run app entry in the Menu list.
- In Dialogue box type “Regedit” and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- when Windows Register menu appears then go to Key.
- In this folder you can find navigate to SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Session Manager > MemoryManagement > PrefetchParameters folder.
- Now double-click on to “Enable Superfetch” in the right side.
- If you still not find then follow the below steps.
- Right-click on the PrefetchParameters folder
- From options, open New > DWORD Value
- Now enter ‘0’ as the value to disable this service
- Select OK
- Now close the registry editor
We hope that Now you have already fixed your Service host superfetch Problem and how to disable superfetch service. If you still facing Problem or query then comment below our team try our best to help you.